and not an ounce of house work. Um mah! ~L~
Ive just woken up from the best little nanny nap on the sofa.. My sweet man came home from work with tonsilitis again.. to which, this time they are going to remove once they have un swelled. eeek. Though, thankfully.. no more snoring will be one of the outcomes.. and for him.. no more pain. Yay... anyway... i was so coy, snugled to him watching movies i drifted off to a lil nana nap... movies were well over.. and the day is over half done. haha. soooo.. i thought, it was time to get up off my lazy but and come out to my room and play with my scraps...
Ive been playing with the first of my christmas gifts for this year. My list is rather long, thus saying that i have a bit of work ahead of me is an understatement. I know.. i probably should have started a little earlier, though.. trust me, its not as late as the year that i was still working on my mothers mini album while i knew she was on her way down. I had my neice who was driving her down giving me updates, all the way so i knew just how much time i had left. This, i may add was only 2 nights before christmas. oops.
I didnt intentially leave things late.. infact id been working on it for quiet some weeks before hand.. and that, appart from a little gift that i had made for the lovely Cathy and Gail, i had no other OTP to do.. but... im a little bit of a perfectionist... (just a little.. haha.. NOT) so i tend to keep at it until im 200% happy with it. Thats my excuse.. and im sticking to it.. hah.
Anyway... so far im working on a 6x6 book for my mother in law.. its made with the cutest papers.. though, silly me used the piece that has the info on it so im going to have to source those details from my LSS a little later i think. Its got the cutest cupcake, jam jars and chocolate cake pattern on it with a pink background with black polka dots.... Its very cute..
Since my MIL has self declared what we have all known for a while that she is not the worlds best cook, i thought i would fill it will tonnes of blank pages, as well as some of the recipes of mine that she always wants and that my father in law loves.
While im sure mine (since i have enough paper left) will be a little more funky, hers, i think will be kinda plainish, since she is really a "country" interior sort of gal and as it is, im not too sure that this will match anything else.. though.. you know what? Its cute.. i will tell her its cute and MUST go in her kitchen and she is just gonna have to deal with it! hahah.
And.. no.. she doesnt read my blog. haha. nor am i the littlest bit bossy!
I'll pop up a piccy of it when im done.. let you see what you think.
Though.. since there are a few that DO read this blog to who i plan to make gifts, i may very well just add pics and not tell you who they are for.. makes it safer for them.. huh!?
Ohhh.. i FINALLY got some of my work back from that shop.. (insert rumpled brow and grr here).. some, would you believe, they damaged or plain outright lost at Paperific? Im so so mad. Though, alteast i have some of it back safe in my hands now.
I will post a few pics of some of the things a little later.
hope you are having a fun day..
xxx
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Nanny Naps & Christmas Scraps
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds fab, hun. I'm sure she'll love it.
Though, eeek, I just realised I should have started present making months ago. *grins* ah well, what's Christmas without bits of paper and bling in your hair and a dazed and crazed look about you? I can see Peta asleep on the couch as I frantically finish off albums and mutter to myself. I may have my eye twitch back for Christmas!
I just read that again, and wtf? She lost or damaged your pages? Seriously?
May a deranged hedgehog with an anal leakage problem burrow up her crack and leak over her pages while she sleeps.
Post a Comment